Why so many people in San Benito County are planning their own funerals.
An Open Letter...
From: Grunnagle-Ament-Nelson Funeral Home & Crematory
To: The Residents of San Benito County
There is a major change going on within our industry today as more and more emphasis is placed on funeral planning ahead of the time of need.
The concept is currently being embraced by hundreds of thousands of people nationwide because they wish to be better informed, as to their choices, as well as being financially prepared. We feel it is very important for our community residents to be aware of the benefits that financial planning can give you and your loved one's.
Pre-need funeral planning is a means of providing a central place for vital information as well as GUARANTEEING that the funded arrangements you plan today will be available, without additional costs to you, years later when needed. Pre-planning is funded through the purchase of insurance from companies designed to meet this critical need. It is our hope that we will be able to help you complete this goal.
We have been using Forethought Life and Homesteaders Life for over a quarter of a century to fund these important needs of those we serve.
At your request, our firm will provide you with more information about your options without obligation. Please call us today or click on the pre-planning link to provide us with needed data about you or a loved one. The planning link form is thorough, so plan to set aside some time to complete it. Thank you, if you have any questions please call 831-637-3757 to arrange a time to discuss these crucial matters.
Thomas W. Ament
An idea that makes sense today, & for the future!
- Allows you to express your own wishes.
- Eliminates burdensome decisions for your family.
- Covers TRADITIONAL services as well as CREMATION.
- Single premium or monthly payment plans.
- No age limit.
- No medical exam.
- Accepted by MEDI-CAL and S.S.I.
- Helps protect life savings.
- Tax free death benefit.
- Excess funds returned to family.
- Locally handled; no salesman.
- Guaranteed funeral price.
Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen, their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own morality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of pre-arranging your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted. Taking the time now to arrange your funeral is one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can co-ordinate a payment plans that suits your needs, from a single payment plan to monthly bank account withdrawals. By pre-paying your funeral you eliminate your family second guessing on if they have spent too much or too little on your funeral. Pre-payment also protects you and your family from inflation, and the growth is non-taxable. Depending on your region, if your funeral costs less than the amount you have put aside, those funds will be refunded back to your beneficiaries. For more information on what is applicable in your region, simply speak to your funeral director. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay their funeral, these plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Choose which funeral home to use.
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone, pre-planning gives yourself, family and friends peace of mind. Pre-planning gives your loved ones direction of your wants and desires.
- It’s easy. Anyone can do it, and you can change your mind at any time.