Obituary of Rosalee Pfalzgraf
Rosalee Jane (Thompson) Pfalzgraf passed away at her Hollister residence on December 29th, 2017 at the age of 91.
· San Benito County Assessor’s Office Manager after 33 years of service
· Mansfield Roofing
· Hollister Furniture Store
· Waldinger & Winter, Attorneys, Des Moines IA
· Sacred Heart Church
· Italian Catholic Federation Santa Barbara Branch 26 of Hollister
· San Benito County Historical Society
· Native Daughters of the Golden West
· San Juan Bautista Parlor #179
· American Legion Auxiliary Prunedale #593
· Past Presidents District 28 – American Legion Auxiliary
· 8 & 40 El Camino Real, Salinas
· Republican Womén’s Club
· President, Chaplain, and Americanism Chairman of American Legion Auxiliary Prunedale #593 and President to District 28. Also served on Flag Alliance Committee Auxiliary, Department of California.
· In 1992, American Legion Post 69, Hollister, presented plaque to Rosalee for three decades of service to community, State and National levels in American Legion and Veteran-sponsored affairs.
· Officer for 8 & 40 El Camino Real, Salinas, and served on Departmental Convention Committee for State President Lucy Foster.
· Conductress, Chaplain, and longtime Secretary for Auxiliary VFW 9242, Hollister.
· First woman President of San Benito County Employees’ Association.
· Served on Chamber of Commerce Tree Committee
· Americanism Chairman for Republican Women.
· Born April 10, 1926 in Hollister CA; graduated from Hollister High School.
· Enjoyed swimming, playing piano and organ, took pride in her rose garden; did oil paintings and wood carving panels creating her own designs of grapes and floral designs; crocheted afghans and tablecloths; and quilted her grandmother’s quilt tops into blankets.
· Enjoyed the outdoors and working at family’s long-time owned Gabilan ranch overlooking Salinas Valley and Monterey Bay.
· World traveler: China, Russia, many countries in Europe, Tahiti, Caribbean, Mediterranean, Egypt, New Zealand, Australia, Tasmania, and the United States.
Survived by son Gerald L. Pfalzgraf and daughter-in-law Diane of Colorado Springs CO; granddaughters Jeri René Cornwell of Midwest City OK and Suzan Maria Kolb of Bothell WA; five great grandchildren and two great-great grandchildren; sister Ruth Hoag of Salinas CA; brothers-in-law Bill Fellom and Alfred Azevedo of Hollister CA; niece Ann Marie Azevedo of Hollister CA; nephews Gregory Walters of Salinas CA and Del Monte Walters of Redding CA; and many great nieces and nephews. Predeceased by father Osborne Thompson, mother Mabel Peckham Thompson, husband Albert W. Pfalzgraf, sisters Myrtis Fellom and Hazel Azevedo.
Visitation will be held on Thursday, January 4th, from 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm (No Rosary) at Grunnagle-Ament-Nelson Funeral Home.
On Friday, January 5th, family and friends will meet at Sacred Heart Church at 11:00 am for a Mass of the Resurrection. Interment will follow at Calvary Cemetery.